OnFrontiers • South Africa
Americas Research Manager
2019 - Present (1 year, 2 months)
• Research, identify and recruit appropriate experts for client market research projects.
• Screen experts to test knowledge of subject matters and verify their credentials.
• Ensure experts are delivered to the highest possible standard and meet required timelines.
• Arrange phone consultations and meetings between experts and clients.
• Continuously follow-up with experts to gather their feedback and ensure compensation.
• Design and communicate a plan to deliver the customer brief within agreed time frames.
• Liaise with customers to ascertain account specifications, defining requirements and priorities.
• Support commercial success of client interaction and excellent project delivery.
• Identifying opportunities to grow customer accounts organically by up-selling or cross-selling.
·• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of firm wide strategic initiatives.
Bain and Company SA • South Africa
Research & Information Specialist - TMT
2018 - 2019 (1 year, 4 months)
• Conducted secondary research for North Europe and Africa case teams, practice areas and client development.
• Answered more than 700 research request during my tenure.
• Worked with case teams to understand project context and specific information needs.
• Participated in asset building including contributions to the IS Portal, wikis and other projects.
• Tracked personal research requests including cost recovery information.
• Built industry expertise by attending practice area meetings, conferences and by tracking industry developments.
• Source Knowledge: IDC, Ovum, Gartner, Forrester, Analysys Manson, Enders Analysis, Factiva, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Euromonitor, Global Data, D&B Hoovers and EMIS Insight.
Fitch Solutions • South Africa
Freelance Industry Analyst - TMT & Medical Devices
2016 - 2018 (1 year, 2 months)
• Producing industry reports assessing risks and opportunities.
• Produce company analysis and examine financial data.
• Research recent industry events and relevant issues affecting the industry in a specific country.
• Research recent activities of various companies and analyse their growth strategies.
• Identify market and company trends.
Fitch Solutions • South Africa
Industry Analyst - TMT
2016 - 2016 (12 months)
• Managed a portfolio of countries (MENA, SSA and Emerging Europe).
• Produced industry reports assessing risks and opportunities.
• Produced company analysis and examined financial data.
• Maintained a portfolio of forecast databases and ensured forecast accuracy.
• Collaborated with analysts across global offices to ensure holistic analysis.
• Worked alongside the sales team and directly with clients to communicate key views.
Vunani Securities (Pty) Ltd • South Africa
Trainee Equity Analyst - Travel & Leisure
2015 - 2016 (12 months)
· Coronation training initiative conducted at Vunani Securities (1 year contract).
· Compiled a detailed report on the South African travel & leisure sector.
· Initiated a report on an hotel stock and presented it on a road show.
· Financial modelling in Excel for forecasting company performance.
· Attended industry events (company presentations, conferences and functions).
· Researched information news flows: I-Net Bridge (IRESS), Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters, Moody’s, Finweek, Financial Times, company financial statements including trading statements and SENS.
Deutsche Bank AG • South Africa
Intern - Finance Department
2014 - 2015 (2 months)
University of Johannesburg • South Africa
Tutor - Financial Management
2014 - 2014 (10 months)
Cafe Nes • South Africa
Waitress - Hospitality
2010 - 2012 (2 years, 9 months)