Marketcy • United States (U.S)
2017 - Present (3 years, 2 months)
Marketcy is a consulting firm designed to inspire innovation, create industry solutions and end-to-end business value for clients in hospitality, banking, B2B, payroll, eCommerce and sales operations.
As Managing Director:
• Drive business development of new products from concept to revenue bringing expertise as eCommerce product manger, sales executive and business partner development executive
• Create client-based, data driven business planning mapped to market strategy
• Design product roadmap to help clients make digital transformation and offer new products to new industry markets with metrics to manage the portfolio and commercialize innovation
As SVP Industry Solutions:
• Create business solutions in: real-time payments, remittance and invoicing, B2B and ERP payments, healthcare payments, loyalty payment systems, card processing, corporate payments, blockchain, and other payments platforms for small-medium enterprises, banks, credit unions, consulting firms, and other business
• Provide coaching to startups and fintechs
• Active member in the Business Payments Coalition and other industry groups and conferences
• Advise consulting firms with business development leadership to create new payments practice, machine learning and AI fraud detection, market trends analytics, points-of-view, market awareness, and sales leadership
• Offer points-of-view, be a conference presenter, and provide expert opinions on industry trends with a path to new technologies supporting existing value propositions
Oracle • United States (U.S)
Senior Director Financial Services
2013 - Present (7 years, 2 months)
Led the Americas business strategy for payments processing and banking clients with Oracle cloud products and services, industry trend analytics for market development, and lead generation through closing for financial services -- as industry expert for core banking, blockchain and payments. Influenced solutions design and creation for digital transformation in cloud with a focus on customer insight. Led ideation and business architecture discussion focused user experience; eCommerce payments; ERP payments integration and blockchain innovation.
Led industry solutions expertise for product planning to technical and relationship sellers. Identify cross team solutions for key customers creating next generation cloud innovations for competitive digital modernization.
• Created the original market planning for Oracle in blockchain and payments solutions in the Americas, and co-authored the innovation lab strategy. Delivered against open API value proposition and solutions in the Americas.
• Notable clients included: JP Morgan Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Brown Brothers Harriman, First Data, Accenture, IBM, Visa, American Express, Toronto Dominion, CIBC, and many others
• Met and exceeded all KPIs for success and delivered against millions in software and cloud sales
IBM • United States (U.S)
Global Sales Manager, Payments Product Portfolio
2006 - 2013 (7 years, 3 months)
Managed the global quota and performance of IBM banking and payments software portfolio: SWIFT, SEPA, ISO20022, consumer, commercial, and treasury payments integration which included the user experience and digital transformation product management and sales. Created business plan for several products and facilitated global launch of IBM Payments Framework for Financial Services and re-launch as part of IBM Banking Industry Framework and re-launch as the product IBM Financial Transaction Manager.
• Trained and managed sales team in sales methodology and established customer relationship selling methods. Built sales and marketing team from one (myself) to an average size of 10 sellers with an additional 10 consultants deployed globally including resizing to meet market needs
• Provided all executive reporting for sales operations, market management, quota management, sales process management and business partner joint sales pipeline management
• Subject matter expert for clients, partners, and briefing industry analysts on the current and future product roadmaps and development progress of go-to-market and products
• Provided original marketing management for the framework to product process
• Created the baseline success for a framework consulting sales team starting in 2006, validated the creation of product introduced by 2009 then directed the creation of the global sales team, managed feedback and performance
• Created the pricing model and go-to-market sales strategy including partner management.
• Managed the team with focus on P&L efficiency
IBM • United States (U.S)
Sales Specialist, Americas Solution Sales
2000 - 2005 (5 years, 3 months)
Americas sales leader for the launch of international payments and securities framework then product for SWIFT in Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Toronto, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. Developed and delivered market messaging used in promotions, sales, advertising, public relationships and with industry analysts.
• Orchestrated total market share growth; performance averaged just over 110% of quota while developing solutions strategy with business partners, services and consulting teams
• Fixed fractured selling approach; unified industry messaging; created follow-on sales opportunities; trained colleagues to execute projects independently
• Recognized for leading market introduction of new SWIFT Connectivity gateway product in Americas and trained colleagues to effectively sell product merits (creating value proposition for changes offered) resulting in the highest retained client base globally
• Created market from framework to full market-ready product
• Project Manager for Visa and MasterCard on development of new payments mechanism for online selling environment including the development of IBM market collateral used by sales