Last updated: May 24th, 2018
When we say “you” or “your”, we mean everyone who uses our Services, whether you are just visiting our website, or have signed up as an Expert or a Client.
1.3 By accessing or using any part of the Services, you consent to OnFrontiers processing your Personal Data for the purpose of providing you the Services and acknowledge that such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or contracts between us.
- What Information Does OnFrontiers Collect From or About You and How Is That Information Collected?
2.1 OnFrontiers collects Personal Information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us. When you register to use the Services, you create a User profile. We collect and store your name, email address, phone number, and the password that you create at that time. If you register as a Client, or book a Consultation on behalf of a business or organization, we may also collect and store your business’ or organization’s name, address, phone number, and such other details about your business or organization as you may provide us. If you register as an Expert, we collect information regarding your employment history and professional expertise and experience. We also collect and store additional information relevant to providing to the Services, such as information related to your interests, professional experience, settings for communication, billing location, and so on, as well as a photo. We also collect and store any changes or updates to information about you, of which you may notify us from time to time.
2.2 OnFrontiers may collect other information from you related to your use our Services. For example, we may collect (i) any information that you provide OnFrontiers in the process of searching OnFrontiers Website, creating projects and interacting with Experts, (ii) information that you provide an Expert with whom you communicate, as well as (iii) the content of your Consultation sessions and message exchanges, which may be recorded and preserved by OnFrontiers for quality control purposes and for possible use in transcription or other services, including without limitation delivery of recordings and transcriptions by OnFrontiers to Client for Client’s internal use.
2.4 OnFrontiers may also use device identifiers, meta data or other data collection techniques to collect data about your use of the Services. Collection of usage data, such as traffic and usage trends, allows us to understand how the Service is commonly used and improve the Service to better serve users. We combine this data with that of other users of the Services, so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you individually.
- How Does OnFrontiers Use Information That We Collect From or About You?
3.1 OnFrontiers will only use information that we collect from or about you to perform or improve the Services, and as a reasonably necessary to operate our business. For example, as relevant, we may use your information:
- to match you with Experts or Clients
- to show you more relevant search results
- to bill clients or process a payment
- to customize content that you see on the Website
- to send you important information regarding the Services, such as changes to our agreements, policies or fees
- to inform you of services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new services, improving existing Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- to provide support and improve the Services we offer
- to meet legal requirements, such as complying with court orders, discovery requests, and other valid legal mechanisms, or to prosecute or defend a lawsuit
- to fulfill other legal, accounting, and security obligations related to operating our business.
- With Whom Does OnFrontiers Share Your Personal Information and Other Information?
4.1 OnFrontiers uses certain trusted third-parties to help us operate our website, conduct our business, and provide you the Services. Such third-parties are contractually required to treat your information confidentially and to process it in a secure manner.
4.2 If you participate in an OnFrontiers blog, depending on the settings you select at the time of registration or later, your user name and avatar, as well as any comments you post, may be visible to other Users of the Services. Specifically, a User profile is visible to others if (i) you register as an Expert and do not set your user profile to “private”; or (ii) you are a Client and request an Expert consultation (in which case the requested Expert will see such information from your user profile as you chose to make visible at the time of the request).
4.4 When OnFrontiers collects information about you that does not personally identify you, OnFrontiers may share that data with third parties at any time. For example, we may share certain aggregated, anonymous, non-personal information, such as the number of users who sought information about a particular subject area, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify any user or Client individually.
- Payment Information
- Data Security; Notice of Breach of Security
6.1 OnFrontiers utilizes technical, operational, and contractual measures to safeguard the Personal Information and other data that OnFrontiers collects from or about you. However, no technology or practice can guarantee that data is 100% secure and OnFrontiers does not guarantee that information collected from or about you is or will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other dishonest or criminal activities of third parties, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network.
6.2 OnFrontiers works hard to maintain the security of your information. However, if we ever do experience a security breach that materially affects you, we will notify you without undue delay, and will also let you know what steps we took or are taking to respond to the breach.
- Data Accuracy and Retention
7.1 We do our best to keep data we maintain about you accurate and up to date, to the extent you provide us updates or we otherwise become aware of any inaccuracy.
- Your Rights Related to Data Collected about You
- You have the right to review and modify any Personal Information that we collect from or about you, and to have the information deleted altogether. You also have the right to restrict what uses we make of your Personal Information, and to receive a copy of Personal Data we have collected about you, in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format.
- If you ever wish to review your personal information, or to have your personal information updated, changed, deleted, or sent elsewhere, you may do so by contacting OnFrontiers at email@example.com.
- OnFrontiers commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our collection or use of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Party Websites and Applications
- We Operate in the United States
10.1 Our servers and offices are located in the United States, so your information will be processed and stored in the United States. If you are not located in the United States, this means that your information will be transferred outside your own country of domicile. We will not transfer your data to another country outside the United States (other than the country in which you are located), unless we notify you first.
- Children’s Privacy
11.1 OnFrontiers does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Services is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not authorized to use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. Parents have the right to review personal information collected from their child and also the right to have such information, or any portion of it, deleted. To exercise these rights, or to request deletion of your child’s personal information or account, contact us at email@example.com.